Revival of MUDs – Designing a text-based adventure game that helps children learn handwriting
In collaboration with STABILO International GmbH, we develop a text-based adventure for the STABILO DigiPen. Our aim is to transform learning and optimization of handwriting into a “gameful” and engaging experience by using design principles of multi-user dungeons (MUDs).
- Development and empirical investigation of a text-based adventure game for the STABILO DigiPen
- Investigation of the impact of various design interventions on user behaviour and AI-based gesture recognition
- Derivation of theoretical and practical recommendations for designing gamification and serious game approaches to optimize handwriting
Gamifying the human-AI interaction
Can digital games and their design principles improve the collaboration between humans and artificial intelligence (AI)? Funded by FAU’s Emerging Talents Initiative (ETI), we are investigating how game design principles can help to optimise human-AI teaming.
- Investigation of cooperation in games and derivation of design principles
- Investigation of the collaboration between humans and non-player characters (NPCs) in games and derivation of insights into designing more effective human-AI collaboration
- Conducting studies on the gamification of human-AI collaboration
Projects carried out outside of FAU:
More details on our previous research will follow soon. In the meantime, please see our publications.